Monday, March 21, 2005

silly beginnings

I like you, trout.
your eyes are weird.
you look at me,
but you also look at my foot.
what does that look like?
a foot-face?

Keep sucking at the air.
it's so cute.
if it wasn't so cute,
I might put you back in the water.
but you look like a teething baby,
which is cute,
so I will not.

Your gills are crazy.
they ripple and flex.
If I had a car,
I would want it to have gills
that ripple and flex
along each door.
and I would want them to be gooey and fleshy,
and I would stick my arm through the fleshy goo
while I was driving,
and flip you off
through my gill flaps.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my moms a duck billed platipuss.
i resent that statement...

no that's not true. 'sob' i resent my mom. why mom? why? how could this ever be? who am i?

3:06 AM PDT  
Blogger Jennifer said...

nice pome

7:38 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home