Sunday, May 29, 2005

self-employment

Witnessed the best panhandling operation on Friday at Justice Court.
A guy walks up to me, asks if I'm pressed for time, and offers a call ticket thirty numbers ahead of mine. That's like saving twenty minutes.
The hitch is, he's short on cash. He wants five dollars to trade.
I didn't bite, but given the length of the wait, I'm sure he gets a lot of takers.
All he has to do is go early in the morning, get a number, then keep selling and trading up. He doesn't even draw attention from the bailiff, because he only approaches the ticket printer once. I imagine he could sell one every twenty minutes to half hour.

Cheers for providing a genuine public service.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joshua said...

You see I am an old hand at the whole justice court thing. I will do the trade up with someone else or I just get up real eearly in the morning and grab that ticket.

Then I go find the nearest street urchin and proceed to whup the shit out of them for oh about an hour. Usually you get called in an hour. So that passes the time.

Sometimes I bring my gameboy.

2:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Joshua said...

You all know im kidding right?

I would never bring my gameboy with me.



....and I kept getting told I wasn't funny..

2:34 PM PDT  
Blogger Joshua said...

Slacker

7:26 PM PDT  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I keel for theee big bucks

7:31 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home